Additional External Resources
- Equine Head and Dentition - A powerpoint covering the anatomy and physiology of the equine head and dentition, including the skeletal aspects, the physiology of mastication and it’s associated anatomy as well as common dental abnormalities.
- Canine Ocular Reflexes - A resource allowing students to test the functional integrity of canine ocular reflexes.
- A short video detailing the large foraminae of the canine skull and cranial nerves associated with them.
- A PDF presentation of the sectioned equine head with labelled cross sectional images showing structures at even intervals along the head.
- PowerPoint tutorials on oral cavity, eye and ear histology.
- Interactive 'Drag n' Drop' exercises to test your knowledge on the head.
ID: 9343Photographs of equine skull, maxilla, mandible.
ID: 8806Dissection video illustrating the superficial structures of the head along with the muscles of mastication and a description of the structures contributing to the formation of the temporomandibular...
ID: 8348A video introducing the major structures of the brain as seen during a dissection and a brief discussion of their embryology, and function using the canine brain as an example.
ID: 8658Dissection video of the head using the equine animal as the example
ID: 9287This Powerpoint covers the anatomy of the equine head, including muscles and dentition involved in the process of mastication. It also covers common dental abnormalities.