Additional External Resources:
- Equine Head and Dentition - A powerpoint covering the anatomy and physiology of the equine head and dentition, including the skeletal aspects, the physiology of mastication and it’s associated anatomy as well as common dental abnormalities.
- Lameness in Horses - A powerpoint presentation on the basics of identifying lameness in horses. Including diagnosis and signs, with videos of different lamenesses used to illustrate what to look for. As well as a case study of a lameness work-up.
- Skeletal Structure of the Equine Forelimb - A powerpoint presentation on the skeletal structure of the equine forelimb aiming to provide a detailed guide to the relevant bony landmarks present on the equine forelimb and also highlight certain ligaments and tendons, particularly in reference to the joints.
- 3D model of the horse’s distal limb created as a free online resource that could be made available via web browsers. The model integrates associated resources to improve the learning experience.
- Powerpoint presentation and video using painted horses to show the location of anatomical structures in the live horse.
- A PDF presentation of thesectioned equine head with labelled cross sectional images showing structures at even intervals along the head.
- A brief history of George Stubbs by Clare Boulton.
- Rooney's guide to the dissection of the horse - a searchable database of colour images designed to a supplement the textbook.
ID: 8806Dissection video illustrating the superficial structures of the head along with the muscles of mastication and a description of the structures contributing to the formation of the temporomandibular...
ID: 8493Powerpoint of the basic structure of the urinary system and kidneys, as well as comparative kidneys of various species
ID: 8479Interactive imaging quiz of the digestive system