OVAM is a collection of anatomy resources organised into categories according to the species, system and region covered. Original high resolution images of our assets and source files for audio-visual are available to partner organisation. Please contact us to find out more.
Additional External Resources:
- 3D learning materials related to the central nervous system providing an opportunity to acquire extensive knowledge on the functional morphology of the central nervous system. The resource presents the three-dimensional course of functionally and clinically relevant neuronal pathways.
- Canine Ocular Reflexes - A resource allowing students to test the functional integrity of canine ocular reflexes.
- Presentations covering various aspects of the nervous system, including organisation and anatomy, divided into three sections: An introduction to the organisation and anatomy of the nervous system, the somatic nervous system, the autonomic nervous system.
- A short video detailing the large foraminae of the canine skull and cranial nerves associated with them.
- Interactive 'Drag n' Drop' exercises to test your knowledge of the nervous system.
- Encyclopaedic text content on WikiVet covering the nervous system.
- Self-assessment Flashcards on the nervous system.
- PowerPoint tutorials on nerve cell histology.
- Nervous system anatomy and physiology WikiQuizzes.