OVAM is a collection of anatomy resources organised into categories according to the species, system and region covered. Original high resolution images of our assets and source files for audio-visual are available to partner organisation. Please contact us to find out more.
Additional External Resources
- The Canine Skeleton in Real 3D Anatomy using anatomical models to aid e-learning, created using high quality detailed photographs, resulting in photorealistic 3D models.
- Canine Thoracic Organs in Real 3D Anatomy, showing the heart, lungs and ribs and allowing detailed and accurate visualisation of organs "in-situ".
- G.R.A.C.I.E. (Greyhound Resource for Anatomical Cross-sectional Interactive Education). An embalmed cadaveric female canine specimen sectioned transversely, imaged using MRI, displayed in Perspex anatomical pots and incorporated into a series of interactive online tutorials based on regions of the body.
- Interactive Atlas of Osteology and Arthrology in the Dog. A reference tool for the study of the bones and the joints of the dog, developed to complement canine anatomy text books and the study of bones in the dissection room.
- Anatomy images of the canine musculoskeletal system. Labelled dissection plans of the canine locomotor system.
- Interactive revision of the visceral systems. Flash animated images showing dissections of the thoracic, abdominal and pelvic cavities in the dog.
- Canine Ocular Reflexes - A resource allowing students to test the functional integrity of canine ocular reflexes.